In an era where technology has become integral to life, obtaining a certification like this may be pretty beneficial. The CIW Network Technology Associate certificate certifies applicants’ understanding of networking fundamentals. Technicians who have earned the CIW Network Technology Associate certification are expected to provide exceptional customer service and communicate well with clients. CIW is the world’s most rapidly expanding vendor-neutral computer abilities training and certification initiative for learners and employees alike. Let’s go into the specifics of the valuable certificate.
Use this fast start guide to get all the necessary material for the CIW Network Technology Associate Certifications test. This study guide contains goals and tools to assist you in studying for the CIW Network Technology Associate test.
The CIW Network Technology Associate certification is primarily intended for applicants wanting to advance their Web Foundations careers. The CIW Network Technology Associate exam certifies that the applicant has the necessary core understanding and proven abilities in the CIW Network Technology Associate field.
What is the Network Technology Associate Exam?
The Network Technology Associate exam assesses individuals’ expertise and abilities in network technology. This exam is designed for IT professionals who want to validate their understanding of networking ideas and technologies, such as network topologies, procedures, and infrastructure. The Network Technology Associate Exam focuses on network architecture, installation and configuration, security, and troubleshooting.
Individuals may prepare for the examination by enrolling in the CIW Network Technology Associate course, which provides in-depth instruction on the exam topics.
Individuals who pass the 1D0-61C exam will earn the CIW Network Technology Associate credential. The 1D0-61C certification is helpful for IT workers looking to prove their networking expertise and professionalism. Getting the CIW Network Technology Associate exam certifications enables individuals to demonstrate their competence in network technology and gain respect in the IT sector.
Network Technology Associate Exam Details
Here are the Network Technology exam details you must know in 2024 before taking the exam:
- Exam Name: CIW Network Technology Associate
- Exam Code: 1D0-61C
- Exam Duration: 30 minutes
- Number of Questions: 30
- Passing Score: 33%
- Exam Fee: $175 USD
Network Technology Associate Exam Domains
The Network Technology Associate test will evaluate the candidates based on the following criteria:
Introduction to Networking
- A general discussion of networks and protocols
- Telephone and Convergence
- Networking Development
- Client/Server Model
- Network Operations Centers (NOC)
- Networking Topics
- Network Layouts
- Network OS
- Microsoft Windows Server
- A Demand for Protocols
- OSI Reference Model
- Encapsulation of data
- OSI/RM Protocol Examples include
- Transmission Control
- Protocol/Internet Protocols (TCP/IP).
- Adhesion Protocols
- Local Area Networks (LAN)
- Wide-area Network (WAN)
- Internet Exchange Points (IXP)
Network Components and Standards
- Introduction of Networking.
- Common Network Architecture
- Transmission Media
- Wireless Network Solutions
- Transmission Manufacturers
- IEEE LAN Rules
- Carrier Technologies
Connecting to the World Wide Web
- Introduction to Linking to the Internet.
- Mobile Computing
- Mobile Computing and Cloud
- Establishing a Wireless Network
- Fourth-generation (4G) wireless communication.
- Internet Infrastructure
- Internet protocols
- Fundamentals to Routing.
- Routing Protocols
- Port Numbers
- Internet Protocol version four (IPv4).
- Internet Protocol version six (IPv6).
- Configure TCP/IP.
- Troubleshooting Tools for the Internet
- Outline of Internet Services.
- Cloud Services
- Practical Case Study:
- Internet Servers
- Selecting Web Server Products.
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
Hardware and Device Connectivity
- Intro to Hardware and Device Connectivity.
- Storage devices
- Network Interface Cards (NICs)
- Optic Discs
- Device Communication
- System Management
- Preventive upkeep
- Software Troubleshooting
Network and Cloud Security Risks
- Importance of network safety
- Bring your own devices (BYOD).
- Real-world case investigation
- Cloud Safety Threats
- Cloud Disaster Recovery
- Spyware (malicious software)
- Understanding of Network Attack Types.
- Preventing Network Attacks
- Security Zones
Skills Necessary to Become a Certified Network Technology Associate
The CIW Network Technology Associate certificate exam measures the following skills:
- Configuring and Configuring Wireless Networks
- Explaining topics about personal privacy security on the Internet
- Performing fundamental hardware tasks and system maintenance for networked systems
- Identifying the roles and components of frequently used Internet servers
- Managing critical components of current network-based desktop operating systems
- Understanding the role of network equipment and configuring it for operation
- Identifying frequent performance issues impacting Internet clients, including assessment and diagnosis
- Demonstrating understanding of essential data transmission components and technical expertise of the Internet
- Classifying the link amongst Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and domain name process, including transmission IP addresses inside a subnet
Network Technology Associate Exam Sample Questions
Here are a few NTA exam sample questions you should go over to have a better understanding of what our PDF and test software will include:
Why link a wireless network to a traditional wired LAN?
- To utilize the ad-hoc and institutional networking modes.
- Access services like the Internet, corporate intranet, and company e-mail.
- To use WPA2 cryptography and MAC address filtering.
- Access the Service Set Identification (SSID) and Basic SSID (BSSID) functionalities.
Correct Answer: B
What is the distinction between a LAN and a WAN?
- A LAN is a collection of networked computers within a particular geographic area.
- A WAN is a collection of networked computers within a specific geographical area.
- LANs often have slower network connection rates than WANs.
- A WAN is widely utilized for internal office communication.
Correct Answer: A
You wish to limit host access to a wireless connectivity point. What is the most effective way to approach this?
- Activate MAC address filtering for each host.
- Log in with the access point and change features like the SSID.
- Adjust the Direct Sequence Spread Spectral (DSSS) signal at the entry point and each host’s NIC.
- Download software on the host you wish to limit, then log in with a web browser and enable it to utilize the access point.
Correct Answer: B
ABC Company creates its database-driven applications. ABC is considering switching to cloud services to support the company’s development. What method should ABC employ to ensure ongoing data protection if it starts using cloud services?
- A cloud-only solution.
- Regional system solution.
- Location-based systems solution
- Several cloud service providers
Correct Answer: C
Which of the following is a disadvantage of utilizing Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)?
- The wireless network overhead is considerable.
- Encryption with a symmetric key is vulnerable to breaking.
- The number of devices that may interact using WEP is restricted.
- Encryption and decryption times are slower than other protocols.
Correct Answer: B
8 Steps to Pass the Network Technology Associate Exam
Here are the 8 essential steps from which you can prepare for the Network Technology exam:
Take CIW Course material.
The Official CIW Curriculum coursebook contains narrative teaching, technical word definitions, exam objectives callouts, hands-on laboratories, study and assessment materials, application initiatives, and real-world examples. CIW courseware is available in both paper and electronic formats (PDF). You may access them here.
CIW Pre-Assessment (Online)
We provide a digital pre-assessment examination that reflects the number of questions and objectives covered during the high-stakes CIW certification exam. The CIW Pre-Assessment assists students in determining their current skill levels and readiness to attend CIW training sessions. It also aids in determining which knowledge areas students should focus on to succeed in the certification exam.
CIW Videos (Online)
In CIW courses, movie clips complement the coursebook storyline and laboratories with multimedia training. However, content for movies does not fully satisfy the CIW certification examination goals and is not designed to substitute coursebook information. You may access them here.
CIW Online Exercises
These interactive exercises are instructive additions to the official print and online publications, intended to provide a blended learning approach. The CIW Online Assignments are directly linked to the Official CIW Courseware, allowing you to review key topics from the CIW Internet Business Associate training course and assess your knowledge of information pertinent to the CIW Internet Management Associate certification tests.
CIW Online Exercises present you with a variety of tasks that all give quick feedback, including:
- Glossary flashcards.
- Pairing exercises.
- Fill-in-the-blank activities
- Crossword puzzles.
- True or false questions.
CIW Course Proficiency (Online)
The CIW Course Mastery questions are intended to measure your understanding of Web technology’s ideas, skills, and standards covered in the Official CIW Courseware. This CIW Network Technology Associate instruction course includes multiple-choice exercises covering each class’s CIW Internet Business Associates courseware topics. The Course Mastery curriculum is built on a novel approach that increases information retention. You may access them here.
Hands-on laboratories allow students to reinforce their learning and exhibit their new abilities. Hands-on experiments are conducted using the given lab files on the students’ machines. Students ought to get the required software for these experiments.
CIW Supplemental Materials (Online)
For each CIW course, we provide extra materials, some of which are necessary for coursework and others of which are elective but valuable for further study. You may access them here.
CIW Exam Study Guide (For Self-Study Only)
The CIW Network Technology Associate exam dumps Learning Guides provide targeted training for high-stakes CIW certification tests. Each CIW exam guideline includes:
- Information about taking the CIW certification examinations.
- A table outlining the CIW test goals, including domains of knowledge and specific exam objectives.
- Content areas are included to summarize each exam goal.
- Sample Exam Questions
The CIW Network Technology Associate Exam is an ideal starting fact for anyone looking to create a career in networking. This certification prepares you for future professional development in the sector by covering important subjects and offering a thorough grasp of networking foundations. As you begin your quest to understand the Network Technology Associate Exam, extensive preparation and hands-on expertise will be your keys to success. We suggest an approved training course, a mock test, and practical training to ensure success on the Network Technology Associate certification exam.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the CIW Network Technology Associate course?
The CIW Network Technology Associate credential certifies applicants’ understanding of networking fundamentals. Technicians who have earned the CIW Network Technology Associate certification are expected to provide exceptional customer service and communicate well with clients.
What are the requirements for a CIW Network Technology Associate?
- People who intend to sit for the CIW Network Technology Associate test must have the following competencies.
- Experience with an operating system, like Microsoft Windows 7.
- However, no prior expertise with the Internet, designing web pages, or setting networks is required.
How can I check my CIW certification history and personal information?
You may check your contact details and certification history at the CIW Applicant Information Center. You may use that website to create an electronic certificate, examine and confirm your postal address, publish your documents, and download logos. When you initially log into the CIW Candidate Data Center, you will require data from your Official CIW Exam Result Report.